The MCDCC is forming the Ballot Question Advisory Committee (BQAC) for the 2018 General Election. The BQAC develops background material needed for the precinct officials to make a decision on whether to support, oppose, or take no position on each question on the 2018 General Election ballot. BQAC members do not make a recommendation on the ballot questions.
Requirements for the BQA Committee membership are
(1) members must be registered Democrats,
(2) at least half of the members of the BQAC must be members of the Precinct Organization (i.e., Precinct Chairs, Vice Chairs, and Area Coordinators).
Furthermore, the Central Committee will strive for ethnic, geographic, and ideological balance within the membership of the BQAC. The Committee will select a Committee Chair from its appointed members. On your application, please indicate if you are interested in chairing the BQAC.
The BQAC will hold a public hearing on behalf of the MCDCC to receive public comments on the ballot questions on August 27th at 6:30pm at the Montgomery County Council 3rd Floor Hearing Room at 100 Maryland Ave., Rockville. After the August 27th hearing, a report from the BQAC with testimony will be distributed to precinct officials for review. On September 6th there will be a meeting of the MCDCC Precinct Organization. The September 6th meeting will be at 6:30pm at the Montgomery County Council 3rd Floor Hearing Room. BQAC members must be available both of these evenings.
If you would like to apply for the BQAC, please submit a cover letter and 1-page resume stating:
- your qualifications and interest in serving on the BQAC,
- full contact information,
- your position in the Precinct Organization, including Legislative District, Precinct, and how long you have served as a precinct official or none
Applications are due no later than 5:00 pm on August 12. Selection of BQAC members will be made by the MCDCC at the August 14 MCDCC meeting at our office, beginning at 7:00 pm.